When you start seeing spotty bananas, you know it’s time for some banan-action!
These muffins are so meltingly rich, just a small one will be enough. And so, saving you calories from clever portion control strategies!
The recipe below yields around 20 medium sized muffins.
Ingredients for Fudgy Chocolate Banana Berry Muffins:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup blueberries and/or raspberries, fresh or frozen
Method for Fudgy Chocolate Banana Berry Muffins:
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter your muffin tin or line with paper.
2) Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa in one bowl.
3) Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
4) Beat in the egg.
5) Stir in the vanilla, banana, and sour cream.
6) Gently fold in the dry ingredients. Do not over mix the batter, just until the flour is incorporated.
7) Add in the chocolate chips and berries into the batter. Just fold in lightly.
8) Scoop the batter into the muffin tins and bake for about 30 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9) Remove the muffins from the oven, and allow to rest in the pans for 10 minutes. Turn them out onto a rack to cool completely.
The chocolate chips and the berries should remain soft and gooey, all adding to the decadent feel of these healthy muffins!